Vapour Liquid Equilibrium using Java
VLE is a program written in java to simulate the thermodynamic systems
containing liquid and vapour. It can determine various system properties
like bubble point, dew point, etc. It is designed to be cross-platform
compatible and extendable.
Check out the VLE page on
- Written in pure java and should run on platforms supported by java.
Tested on windoze and linux.
- Will support BUBL P, BUBL T, DEW P, DEW T, Flash point, Pxy diagrams
and Txy diagrams.
- Various methods for calculations available:
- Margule's equations and VanLaar equations for activity coefficient
- Virial equation, Redlich-Kwong equation and Peng-Robinson equation
for fugacity coefficient calculations.
- NRTL, UNIQUAC, UNIFAC methods will be added for activity
- Adding user defined methods for calculations is possible. Just implement
the proper interface and add the class name to appropriate properties
file. As simple as that.
- Localization is supported. Just add a new resource bundle properties
file for desired language with proper translations. No recompile
This application is released under GNU General Public License (GPL).
Please refer to www.gnu.org.
Richard Osbaldeston's BMP Library is used by this application for generating
BMP outputs for the graphs. Please visit
http://www.rosbaldeston.freeserve.co.uk/java/bmp/index.html for more details.
You can contact me at Samir Vaidya. Check out my blog at Blogspot.